Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Guinness. Corned Beef and Cabbage. Bagpipes, Leprechauns, Wearing Green....But my favorite part of the St. Patrick's Day tradition is making my daughter breakfast in the morning and packing her school lunch!


I woke her up this morning and helped her get ready for school...No Green in her school uniform, but a Green Shammrock Scrunchie, a Green Necklace and a Green Bracelet complete the outfit perfectly! No Pinching will be happening today!


We were running a little behind so I told her to run downstairs and make breakfast. A few minutes later I came down and she was sitting at the table with a glass of juice. I asked her where her breakfast was...she answered (in a very pathetic sounding voice) "I was really hoping I could have green eggs and ham for breakfast." How could I forget?! So, scrambled eggs, chopped ham, a little green food coloring and VoilĂ ! Green Eggs and Ham.



For her "surprise" St. Patrick's Day Lunch I made her a green egg salad sandwich, green shammrock cookies, broccoli (also green), green grapes, green jello and a green apple juice box...complete with a Shammrock Napkin.

My pot of gold is making her happy.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

The green eggs are fun but look disgusting. Wow! Happy St. P's day!!!

us three said...

wow. for an italian you go all out on an irish holiday. i'm 1/4 irish and don't even try that hard! you are impressive!!

ps--how do you get elizabeth to eat that much at lunch? i totally can't get ryenn to eat her whole lunch & its hardly that much (because the she's snacking all afternoon). i think she talks too much... :)

Karen said...

I usually don't pack that much for her! usually a sandwich, a fruit or veggie, a "snack" food and a jello...but I went all out today for St. Patricks Day. My Dad's Mom is Irish. :)