Thursday, May 7, 2009

3 People + 2 Closets= Not enough space!

I am moving to Manhattan, Kansas in July. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to be able to live in the same state as my fiance! (Finally!) But, now, we are faced with a dilema. Originally, and up until about 2 weeks ago, we did not think Elizabeth and I would be able to move for quite a while. Josh and I had picked out our new apartment, the nice 3 bedroom with the walk-in closets.



Last month was the deadline for Josh to extend/renew his current apartments lease. Given the fact we did not think we would be there until at the earliest September, Josh renewed through September. Now, Josh lives in a nice apartment, it is just a small two bedroom. We need a three bedroom initially, not just for the space for three people...but the closets! Josh has two closet apartment. He uses both closets already. Elizabeth has enough clothes for two closets...and I, well, I have enough to fill a small room. As you recall, this is a picture of just some of my clothes...


So, our dilema is do we break the lease and pay a bunch of money? Or, do we suck it up for a couple months stuffing Elizabeth and I into one room and cramming Josh into the other? I have found a few closet organization units that could come in handy!



Decisions, Decisions.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Break the lease. Moving sucks and no one wants to do it twice.

us three said...

if it seems too expensive to break the lease, my suggestion is to simply box up all the unnecessary clothes and shoes (like the winter stuff for instance) and just be willing to have a section of josh's apt dedicated to boxes. it'd only be 2 mos. that way you don't have to repack it (and maybe get josh to pack up some sooner than later too...)

Leticia said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Karen! So fun to find your blog! And congratulations on your engagement. Josh is a cutie and the three of you make a beautiful family. You deserve to be HAPPY!! Hugs to you and Elizabeth! Much love, Leticia